Heya! We’ve just posted a Rebuilding OTF’s Web Site and Proposal System with Django to rebuild our proposal system (and the website) as a Django app. Be sure and go to that link for more information and to actually apply.
We’re posting a topic here to answer any questions anyone may have, whether you’re the general public or a possible applicant. We’re going to try and answer as many of them as we can until 10-Jul-2017. The deadline for applying is 15-Jul-2017. If we make any changes, we’ll be sure and post them here.
Here’s the top-line work we’re hoping to accomplish.
- Work with OTF to finalize the system architecture, implementation, and migration details;
- Design and create a central application providing an authenticated management API;
- Deploy a Django-based CMS to maintain our existing public facing website at opentech.fund;
- Conduct a full re-design of the web-based interface for submission management;
- Create an interface to the management API for user interaction via Slack, Signal, and email;
- Perform content migration between the existing and new applications;
- Create the initial full developer and user documentation; and,
- Conduct any needed trainings.
Thanks in advance!